View Single Post
Old June 9, 2011, 09:38 AM   #38
SFsc616171

After purchasing 2 BHP's (different generations), and an EAA Witness, I have come to realize that Clint Smith has said it well: "I would rather shoot 5 rounds well, over shooting 12 or 13 rounds not so well!"

After waking up with someone knocking on 'wrong apartment door' at oh-dark-thrity, grabbing significantly smaller revolver vs. full-size BHP with Rhodesian magazine (don't tell Sen. McCarthy), fits my hand a LOT better in a hurry, and more controllable without 'stand down from Condition 1', or "breaking the gun" necessary.

Semi-autos are nice. They -are- peculiar to what you feed them. They WILL jam when you don't need them to do that. Yes, semi-autos do hold more rounds (weight). Magazines do take more physical space, and must be loaded in a correct direction of travel.

Revolvers will eat what you feed them, but are usually built for a particular grainage bullet, and will shoot at different POI's. Yet, at a 30-foot range or less, the difference is small. Yes, revolvers have less rounds to hold. Reloads are different actions than semis, but can be just as quick, with practice.

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries