View Single Post
Old April 2, 2008, 09:30 PM   #5
jrfoxx

I've always wondered something about this question myself. Is there any way to determine aside from trial and error whether free floating vs bedding is more likely to give better accuracy? are there certain receiver, barrel, or stock types or features that typically cause one method to be more effective than the other? Just curios, as I would like to try them to improve the accuracy of a couple rifles, but am hessitant to screw up and make it worse, and don't know how (if possible) you decide what to try. If you try free floating, and it doesn't get better, or possibly gets worse, can one typically still bed properly to try that or does the act of free floating make a change that would typically not allow you to bed properly without starting over with a new stock? Hope this isn't a threadjack, as it seems on topic with the OP, and while not a newbie to guns, and being pretty mechanically and analytically inclined, I have no experience with either of these types of things (mainly due to being too scared to mess up to try ), and havent really ever read anythi that answers these questions.

Also, what would be a good resource to use to learn how to properly bed and or free float a rifle? I have a basic idea of how its all done, but am guesing that it needs to be done right, or not at all.
Thanks

Page generated in 0.03487 seconds with 8 queries