Thread: air rifles?
View Single Post
Old March 20, 2007, 05:00 PM   #9
rem33

Benjamin and Beeman are both good brands or at least used to be. Not up on Beeman but Benjamin bought Sheridan then was taken over by Crossman which owns all three brands now. Crossman, Benjamin and Sheridan. I have heard the sheridans are close to what they once were. That is good news if so as i own a Sheridan I bought new in the early 60's. I rebuilt it once and it has been good ever since.

For hunting you want at least a 20 caliber which is 5 MM or a 22 caliber.
MY old Sheridan is 5MM and the heavy pellets are a OK small game round. They are 14.5 grains if I remember right, and if you can find them the older style with a Semi point they work great. Never would go thru a 2X4 but would punch right on thru a one inch pine board. I have killed many ground squirrels cottontail rabbits, crows, and a couple of other small sized animals with it.

Get a pump as you can control the amount of power you want from a little bit to chase a dog off you don't want to hurt to killing power.

If a firearm is legal where you are but noise is a concern use CCI's CB Caps. They are more powerful than a pellet gun and quieter in a long barrel.

If I was to lose this Old Sheridan I would go to gun broker and buy another vintage one like mine.

Page generated in 0.03248 seconds with 8 queries