Thread: Carry at Work
View Single Post
Old October 26, 2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Gentleman
We have debated this before but I believe that those workplaces that prohibit carry and then do little or nothing to mitigate crime have created an immoral policy that one may honestly disobey and be silent about doing so.

Further, even though the employer may fire said employee, the fact that the employee disobeyed the company policy is not morally wrong.
I agree 100 percent with both of your statements.

So what? An employer's immoral policy is still the employer's policy, and employees violate their company's policies at risk of being penalized or terminated. And, since most companies that have such policies also require employees to sign an acknowledgement that they have read and understood the policies, IMHO it's not exactly accurate to say that one may "honestly" disobey the policy. In fact, it means the employee lied -- he/she agreed to follow the policy, and then went back on his/her word. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I quit one job for just that reason a decade ago. I could have cheated, signed the policy, and carried a pocket pistol on the job all day with nobody being the wiser. But my integrity is still worth something (at least to me).

Page generated in 0.04696 seconds with 8 queries