View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 05:01 PM   #19
USAFNoDak

Quote:
That may be true, but they couldn't see the forest for the trees. Look what we ended up with!
I totally agree. As a matter of fact, we have someone in power who's plan appears to be the chopping down of the existing trees in the forest in order to plant trees more to his own liking. You can almost bet that there won't be any new trees which are traditionally used to make beautiful gun stocks, such as Walnut. And with black plastic stocks on guns being frowned upon as being "too scary looking", what will we be left with for beautiful looking gun stock materials? I guess we could go to Nylon, as in Remington's Nylon 66. My uncle has one of those. Not too bad looking for a "synthetic stock", but not the same as a beautiful piece of hardwood furniture.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Page generated in 0.03327 seconds with 8 queries