View Single Post
Old April 16, 2011, 07:24 AM   #9
smince

Quote:
how the hell can we expect you guys to protect the masses when your not provided the training you deserve.
Expecting a relative 'hand-full' of officers to protect the masses is unrealistic to begin with.

I fully expect (and train for) protecting myself and family. It is fairly rare that LE actually stops a crime. Majority of the time they are there 'after the fact'.

As for training, I used to work part-time at our local FOP range. The vast majority of our local officers and deputies who shoot qualification here are like the majority of CCW holders: they aren't 'gun people'. Many cops only do it because it is a job requirement. I see weekly cops hitting the streets to protect and serve that had barely inched by the minimum score required (and quite happy with those scores).

Heck, I know cops who don't even carry a gun when off duty (or maybe only in their car). I only know of a (very) few other local CCW holders who carry 24/7 like myself and my wife do, either.

Based on my observations, I would say that even with a very high dollar training budget, there would only be a few officers who would take advantage of the ammo and training time.

Page generated in 0.04202 seconds with 8 queries