View Single Post
Old August 4, 2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Jonny Mack

State Militia ... sensitive question

Seeing as voting with my ballot hasn't counted for anything in Illinois for the last twenty-odd years, I have been getting ready to vote with my feet - which is apparently having some good effect (Illinois electoral votes has decreased during that time while states like, say, Texas, have increased during the same period).

As my wife and kids and I prepare to make the move, I become increasingly concerned that the S might HTF before we get set up. If there's a significant collapse of the financial system in this country, Chi-Town is going to be Ground Zero for urban rioting. I want to be able to get my family out of Dodge safely.

But I suspect that during this time of unrest the State Militias will be making their presence felt, guarding state borders, etc. My question - to anybody who might be in a State Militia (such as Texas') - is this: Is there any way to get some kind of certificate of approval from a state militia, some kind of ID card or hall pass, or anything like that that members of my family could present if we were making a last minute exodus?

If we need to take this offline, please let me know and give me a number where we might be able to talk. Much thanks.

Page generated in 0.02712 seconds with 8 queries