View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 07:52 PM   #10
stlbob

The case mouth is not hitting this die is for 10mm too which are longer, these are 40 S&W, shorter
The case does not become shorter.
I think I may have found the problem.
I had another really tight case and stopped halfway down on the press. You can see the bulge starts at about half way / two thirds up from the base. Most of these are the same brand but I think that is because someone reloaded them very hot and the gun was ejecting early causing the budge. On a closer look on most of these the primers was fired by a Glock (not blaming the gun but the re-loader) and do not show the normal line across that the Glock firing pin (striker?) makes. There is the center dot but the line that is usually on both side of the dot is not there, it is pushed back. There are some other in this lot that are not Glock firing that are doing this but they show evidence of reloading/ overpressure on the primer, wrong color primer brass or nickel. I should have looked closer at the primers, my bad.
No more lube I just throw these out and not even try to size them.
I would like to thank everyone for the help. I think if enough people think about a problem it usually gets solved.

Page generated in 0.03207 seconds with 8 queries