View Single Post
Old November 10, 2005, 12:25 AM   #8
Matis

Location: Used to live in the USA; now find myself in the twilight zone.
It's cheaper to buy an 870 Express with regular 26" or 28" barrel and then buy an 18" or 20" barrel for it.

My GFs son bought one with 26" barrel, modified choke and black synthetic stock at Dick's Sporting Goods weekend before last. Was on sale for $279.98 less $60 rebate = $219.95 less a $35 gift card. So he ended up paying $185 plus nics ($8?) plus sales tax. (The sale is running again this week, 'till Saturday, but w/o the gift card. Still a great deal. And it's a Remington!

For myself I found myself a 20" barrel some years back for $46 shipped; it may take a few months, but I'll find him one, maybe on the gun forums for less than $80 - $90. I bought a mag extension on a forum for $40 shipped. Was new and all metal made by Choate complete with spring, hi-viz follower and barrel clamp. Then sold the long barrel 'cause I don't hunt. Net cost is much less than what you quote above.

And if you're a horse-trader like me, it's more fun this way. Leaves you more money for ammo or to put toward your next gun.

You've got some time 'till Christmas. Look at the Sunday newspaper ads and subscribe to Shotgun news. Save you a lot of money.

Good luck,

matis

Page generated in 0.03654 seconds with 8 queries