View Single Post
Old December 10, 2007, 11:59 PM   #1
KS.45

Motel Door Knock - Close Encounter?

The wife and I are checked in and settled in the room. Door opens to the parking area, (we hate hauling bags).

It's about 11:30 and a HBO movie is about over. What we hear is more of a slapping sound at the door, with a female voice, "Help Help! They are looking for me and I need to get in somewhere fast! .. Please Help!"

I tell the wife to get up and go near the bathroom door while I get my Glock out of the overnight bag (I was not CC at the time.). The only light is near the room door and I am across the room by the window. From the corner I can see out past the drapery enough to confirm there is a small woman outside our door, looking over her shoulder.

There has been little traffic at the motel that I've noticed, which means we may still be the only guests on our side of the place. The lot looks pretty empty from what I see.

I step to the door, (not casting a shadow on the drape, due to the lights position) and open it as she is slapping it for the third time.

I tell her to come in, shut the door and call the police.

She looks at me with the Glock pointed at the floor, then at my wife, who is on the phone trying to get the outside line to go 911.

The woman says, "Are you going to shoot me?"

I say, "No, but shut the damn door now, You can stay til the cops get here or leave, but shut the damn door now please!"

She just steps out of the door and is gone. I scan across as I get to the door and slam it in about a second. I didn't see her or anyone else outside.

We were in a corner room, she must have went around that corner. The wife was never able to get either 911 or even the office on the phone. After five minutes the office did answer and I reported what happened and they said that they would have security in the lot as soon as possible.

When I saw the security outside, I explained the situation to him. He said he was on the opposite side of the property and saw and heard nothing. He said he would notify the police of the problem.

Never heard another thing the rest of the night.

I think it could easily have been a setup for robbery or worse. Then again I will always have this little doubt about whether I might have scared that woman off when she needed help. But I don't lose sleep over it.

Last edited by KS.45; December 11, 2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.03502 seconds with 8 queries