View Single Post
Old July 21, 2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Movian

Suggestions for Remington 700 stock

Hi! I just picked up my first rifle at a gun show at the weekend and picked it out with the help of a friend.

I ended up with a Remington 700 .270 with Iron sights for $350, I have already ordered my scope (Redfield Revenge 4-12x42mm - Opticsplanet.com) with rail, rings and a bipod.

what I am looking for now is to try and determine what stock to start saving for (I figure the stock I have now is usable till I can get something good). It currently has the factory synthetic stock (it sounds hollow when you tap it), which also doesn't support detachable magazines.

My friend told me to look around at stocks and I have been but I wanted to get some suggestions and opinions, I am looking at something for hunting / range use (currently 100 yards but will be moving next year and hopefully will have a longer range available). I like modern style "Tacticool" stocks but prefer functionality over aesthetics (although if I can get both I won't complain!) and I would like something that will last well and be rugged. I would LIKE to pay $200-$400 however the stocks that I have REALLY liked the look and features of so far all seem to be much more expensive such as the JAE 700, JP Advanced Modular Chassis System or the Accuracy International Chassis System....

all advice is appreciated!

Page generated in 0.02558 seconds with 8 queries