Thread: SD vs Combat
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2012, 08:21 PM   #25
Maximus856

I'm having flashbacks of "no its not an assualt weapon, it's an AR15."

Quote:
Drone strikes, JDAM's and sniper shots among other tools of war are intended not just to stop aggressive behavior but to kill.
They certainly aren't designed for hitting random people for doing nothing now, are they? There's a reason why both sides in war are called 'aggressors.' And just to split the hair a bit more, don't you carry your weapon to kill? IE. Stop the aggresive behavior with a bullet? If you are carrying it to wound or flash around then there needs to be some reevaluation.

Anyway, back on topic with combat vs. self defense. The two things they have in common is situational awareness and the old saying of 'situation dictates.' Caught in the open? Find cover. Overwhelmed? Retreat. Caught offguard? Reread the first of the two I listed.

The last thing is having a mindset to win no matter what. So no, you don't have air cover, and you don't have forces on reserve (unless you want to consider LE for that), but you do need the same mindset. Not neccesarily the same rules, but certainly the will to survive. For anyone who thinks there hands are above 'less than lethal,' I dont understand how that wouldnt be ok and carrying a weapon would be Too extreme? Short of handcuffing the guy and bringing him back to your basement for tortue, I don't think theres much that a 'highly trained' person can be accused with. Unless of course you're an Army Ranger named Nicholas Cage who is attacked by guys outside of a bar

Page generated in 0.03275 seconds with 8 queries