View Single Post
Old February 18, 2012, 07:25 AM   #79
Cascade1911

I respectfully must say I don't share your confidence Peetzakilla.

I am really tired of the endless incidents of "oops, sorry I maimed or killed someone 'cause I'm stupid, I'm really sorry, it was an accident!". "Sorry" doesn't fix it. I believe adults should decide their own actions, take responsibility for their choices and accept the consequences if they fail in that responsibility. I don't see "living with what he has done" as sufficient consequence to completely ignoring the most basic principles of safety. Do I think paying for him to sit in a jail cell is indicated? No. How about Zambrana looses his right to posses a firearm of any sort (he has proved he is not mature enough) and maybe a nice hefty slice of community service in a ER or something of the sort.

Look around our society. At every turn we are the enablers allowing adults to increasingly dodge the consequences of their poor decisions and then we decry the decay of said society.

To sum up and try to keep this on the original topic, I believe proper training is invaluable but all the mandated training in the world will not correct the irresponsible behavior of an adult who has chosen to act like a child. (... lets sneak into a church closet and play with our guns...Really?)

Page generated in 0.02213 seconds with 8 queries