View Single Post
Old June 19, 2011, 12:30 PM   #13
Sevens

For the OP: If you are doing your due diligence and you don't see signs of excess pressure, and you don't see deposits of anything building up in your bore, and your loads cycle, the ejected brass passes all examinations when carefully inspected and your loads are accurate and reliable, then NO, I can't see any good reason NOT to use them. Sounds like a good load for you and one that you worked toward to get to. Thumbs up. Maybe use caution before shooting these same loads in a different handgun.

I shoot a lot of plated bullets in many calibers. My best short suggestion is that if you are on the fence, lean toward the WARM side rather than the weak side. Plated bullets may not be jacketed bullets, but they will get stuck in your bore if you try to treat them like swaged wadcutters and push them at some silly 700 fps. Stick a plated bullet in your bore and you will beg, borrow and plead for it to be a pure lead bullet... but you will beat it out of the bore just like a jacketed bullet.

Don't baby these bullets. There's a wide range between "mouse fart" and "blow the roof off" and they should be used on the warmer end of mid-range rather than the weak side.

They may not be true jacketed bullets, but they are wussies, either. Run them for what they are -- BULLETS. Give them pressure and some speed and shoot them. Don't "poof" them out of your handgun.

Page generated in 0.03357 seconds with 8 queries