View Single Post
Old August 25, 2006, 05:53 PM   #14
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Oregongundude, yeah, the cougar has a lot going for it, for sure. The thing is that an attack is a very low probability. Of course, if you walk along staring at your feet, you might have a problem. In lion country, a fella oughta be for looking up as well as around. Doesn't hurt to look back behind, from time to time.

A buddy of mine, over in the Black Gap WMA on the east side of Big Bend National Park, was ambling along, just sorta casual about life itsownself. He kept thinking he heard an occasional sound behind him. He stopped, walked back, and about 30 feet back he saw grass slowly springing back up in a paw print. But, no sign of putty tat, and no more noises.

FirstFreedom, my guiding rule, I guess, is that there are some minima for certain jobs. For black bear and cougars, for me it's generally the .357 Maggie. I'm less emotionally attached to some Pet Pistol than I am toward staying unbitten/uneaten. However, when I'm quail hunting in the far back country, I generally have a Redhawk. That's "In case of in case."

Art

Page generated in 0.02351 seconds with 8 queries