View Single Post
Old August 27, 2005, 08:22 PM   #26
Duxman

Rights are eroded little by little. First they take away your right to open carry, guess what next thing you know, no CC, then no guns.

This is probably one of the major reasons why a lot of us celebrate our freedoms as Americans by carrying open. I've done it, in a public restaurant - search for the thread here on TFL. No sheepies went nuts and called the cops - that is an urban legend that your friendly neighborhood leftist media wants you to believe.

I would like some statistics from those folks who believe that criminals attack gun owners to go on with their crime (ie bank robbers who shoot open carry folks, muggers etc.) The basic fact is that every state that allows open carry has a lot lower crime rate than the neighboring state that does not! Check out our neighbor - The Republik of Maryland vs the Crime stats here in Virginia. I am not even going to mention DC in this argument.

Stephen - its your right to express your opinion, but check out some alternative facts and do some reading, I hope you will change your mind, you seem to be an intelligent person - with good arguments, just do some reading and let us know how you feel after that.

Page generated in 0.02996 seconds with 8 queries