View Single Post
Old September 11, 2010, 04:58 PM   #58
ebsterdog

to pull or not to pull,

This is an interesting discussion. I noticed that you made no mention of the perpetrator being armed. I've personally never given thought to pulling a gun on an unarmed person, nor do I think anyone should. Aren't we guilty of bringing a gun to a fist fight if we do?
I had a similar encounter with an unarmed, unstable person at a filling station years ago while armed. The guy decided that I needed to be beat up for taking his fuel pump. No amount of verbal persuasion could change his mind and before I knew it, the fight was on. Thankfully I was able to hold my own until he was tired enough to stop throwing punches and curse me instead (by the way, the sticks and stones thing really is true).I got back in my car, found another filling station, the wounds healed in a week or so and life went on.
Making the decision to pull my weapon in a confrontation means not doing so will put my life in immediate danger (life, not reputation). This is the definition of self defense with a handgun as I understand it. Please provide more details about your experience and share your thoughts, I'd like to see it from your point of view.
thanks, eb

Page generated in 0.02451 seconds with 8 queries