View Single Post
Old February 22, 2009, 10:58 AM   #9
Tennessee Gentleman

I am in full agreement with Jim March and chemgirlie.

Tennessee used to be a "May Issue" state when I grew up here and if you wanted a CCW you gave a "donation" to the Sheriff's Re-Election fund and you got the permit but it was only good in the county and if you wanted to carry in another county then you got out your wallet again. Two Davidson County Sheriffs when to the Federal Pen for corruption who were in power when that was going on.

I like to call "May Issue" permits "Robert DeNiro CCW" in honor of NY City's policy of "May Issue".

Quote:
Joining the Trumps in the celebrity gun club are tough-guy actors - and longtime gun licensees - Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel; film producer Martin Bregman; cosmetics heir Ronald Lauder, music czar Tommy Mottola and Marvel Comics CEO Isaac Perlmutter. Shock jocks Howard Stern and the disgraced Don Imus are also members of the gun club, as are lawyers Barry Slotnick and Raoul Felder. Wealthy publisher Robert Forbes, Republican Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno and cabby activist Fernando Mateo have also retained their gun licenses.
Full story: http://www.nypost.com/seven/08292007...ior_packin.htm

May Issue is a bust and an invitation to government abuse.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; February 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries