View Single Post
Old March 23, 2006, 04:39 PM   #39
defjon

Thanks for the support everyone. I appreciate the feedback, and the retail report section of this website is an extremely useful part of the firing line. I know before placing orders, I will often check here first. This is a unique case in that you've had a chance to see both buyer and seller post their remarks for you to draw your own conclusions from.

That being said, I had completely forgotten about this thread! I still check other sections of the site daily, but not this. I accepted the loss and took it as a learning experience. When the knife wouldn't lock back, I had to just disassemble it and obviously as you all know, had no other recourse.

I am both a knife AND gun collector, and have rather large collections of both. I do know a *fair* amount about both subjects, but am always willing to learn. I know that the knife I was ordering opened from the side, different than the NATO knife I have that opens from the top. At any rate, a cheap knife doesn't mean a broken knife. I carry a "cheap" under 20$ Gerber in my wallet that has an extremely strong lock, cuts great, keeps an edge, and is a daily companion. It lasted through literally tens of thousands of carboard boxes this holiday season during work! I also have a super el-cheapo switchblade look-alike from Bud K that I got for my birthday for some reason. Four bucks. The lock up is extremely good though, and so far its held a very good edge as well. My point is that on the cheap doesn't necessarily mean complete junk.

At any rate, I hadn't posted since sometime last year and I would've never even checked back here if that other knife seller hadn't sent me a private message to check out his knife store.

"Oh, and Jon....Tell you what. I am willing to send you a nice blue marble stiletto free of charge. Now this isn't "real marble". I want you to know from GO, but an imitation in acrylic. Very nice quality. Retail $35.00. Write me at [email protected]. But you have to promise to tell this forum what a nice knife it is. It is the difference between a $15.00 knife. And I don't expect or need any apologies from anyone."

Email sent. I AM a reasonable individual. All I ever expected as some kind of decent policy reguarding a broken item. I shouldn't have to pay shipping again and all of that. I wouldn't go through all of this trouble if the item was fine and I just wanted a freebie

I shouldn't be expected to pay shipping, however. Already did that. For that "cheap" 17 dollar knife it ended up to be more than 30 bucks. I am in college. I have NO money. If that isn't the deal, well, nothing I can do about that. I will take receipt of a nice blue marble stilleto, but free of charge needs to mean free of charge. I will honestly and accurately let everyone know the outcome- EG, shipping time, quality, etc. If this incident is made good nearly a year afterwards all the better. I'll hold no grudges.

Once again, thanks guys.

Jon-

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries