View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013, 04:33 AM   #3
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Well Newton24b perhaps your right.
I've experimented with one of my traditional rifles and its ability to shoot sabo bullets just to see if indeed they would work. I made my sabo bullet comb's up from components I have available which cost no where's near what a store bought one cost. But undoubtedly preformed just as well as a store bought.
In the past I've bought some of those old T/C Break-a-way sabo cups and cast a Lyman #2 formula 44 cal 240 grain bullet for it. That combo. They have proven to work as slick out of my Renegade 54 cal w/ its 1-48 twist probably as well as any other inline now available. {Well except for that Savage smokeless powder using rifle maybe.} Pretty good down range accuracy & performance I experience in my use of them.
What I believe to be a problem though. So many inline shooters choose not or don't have room to cast their own lead. So they pay the going price what a bullet manufactures wants for his pre-made up products. Expensive Yes. Limited range time Yes (more than likely because of the cost factor.) Being old school I prefer that old round ball challenge like so many others. Cheap or reasonable shooting costs Yes. More Range time Yes defiantly. Any how. That's how I perceive things to be.

S/S

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries