View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Dwight55

I cannot speak for everyone, Mobuck, but as for me, . . . in all honesty, I would be hard pressed to actively engage an active shooter if in fact I did not 100% believe my life was in danger.

You have every right to ask, "Why?"

1) I do not know what that person is engaging, who he is engaging, and why he is engaging. He may be a demented idiot out to set a new record of most confirmed kills in a busy mall, . . . OR, . . . he could be another CCW holder engaging the bad guy, . . . OR, . . . he could be an undercover LEO about to take down a Mexican drug king pin, . . . OR, . . . he could ....................

2) Ohio specifically, and in no uncertain terms, licenses me to CCW on the premise that I will only use it to DEFEND myself or others near me.

3) I actively shoot my weapon plenty enough to know that if I pop a cap on a person, . . . they have very little chance of survival. I have to KNOW that I am correct in what I am about to do.

Yes, . . . all of the above begets hesitation on my part, . . . and hesitation could mean the difference of life and death to another person. Also, what I am about to say may seem very cold, very callous, very self centered, . . . but I am responsible to me, . . . to my family, . . . to my loved ones. I cannot shoulder the responsibility for every person who wanders through the mall or into the local 7-11 during robbery time.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03705 seconds with 8 queries