View Single Post
Old February 22, 2009, 11:40 PM   #30
colostomyclown

i really wanted to keep my 590s, i really did. But when i got the 2nd bad one, and with my friends 500 breaking, really how can i? i love the mossberg's setup - slide release, safety location, etc. but i've just seen far too many questionable things related to it. ive also owned the 7 shot express and its done better than my 590s (a parkerized ghost ring special purpose thats done well for about 35 shots but which im now afraid to keep and the broken security model in question) but it seems like its prone to going bad too.

in hopes of going somewhere constructive with this thread maybe someone can recommend an alternative or what they think of my 870 Wingmaster w/ remington 7 shot extension or choate 7 shot and 18.5 inch barrel either shortened or a full new barrel. has anyone had any experiences with feeding issues with the mag extensions on a wingmaster or older 870 magnum?

also how hard are a metal trigger guard and a mag extension to order direct from remington to my local gunsmith? i want my shotguns to be reliable, smoothe and durable as hell shooting light lead and steel shot for practice and 2 3/4" 00 buck and the occasional slug and nothing else. i'll sacrifice 2 shots in the mag and a good safety location and slide release for that any day of the week.

Last edited by colostomyclown; February 23, 2009 at 12:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries