View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 11:06 PM   #248
vandyatc

I've been lurking for a while as well and love to sponge in the information. I grew up in a gun-friendly household and was shooting pellet guns and .22's since I was 7-8 years old. I became "proficient" on an old Remington .22 of my fathers and his Ruger Mark II which I still love to shoot when we're plinking around.

I'm not a hunter but have recently gotten my CCW permit. I do a lot of traveling as I'm in medical sales. I'm here to listen, learn, and interact a little for some sagely advice in the tactical, practical, legal, and (to a small degree) political realms.

I have a new S&W M/P 9mm and I love it. I also have an off brand 12ga. that my father in law bought me that seems to be more of a street sweeper than anything else (I haven't even gotten it out of the box yet, but I'll save that for a future discussion).

I'm in the market for a compact version of the M/P 9mm and am looking to learn more about carrying practically and safely in my environment and considering how I have to dress (business mainly most days, and a lot of driving). I'm also looking for advice on how to get my wife, who is a gun HATER, to become willing to learn the workings if for no other reason to lose her fear of guns and understand it as a (sometimes) necessary tool and not a ticking time bomb. I think understanding diminishes the fear and turns that into healthy respect and thus overall safety.

Great place, and so far I've been very impressed with everyone's candor and attitude.

Page generated in 0.03767 seconds with 8 queries