Thread: Korth Firearms?
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2013, 01:34 PM   #56
Winchester_73

Quote:
Look here buddy, firearms have been my primary passion for nearly 30yrs. I've bought and sold a lot of them in that time and have developed some strong preferences. Most of which tend towards old world craftsmanship. My current collection is approaching $60,000, most of which is invested in around four dozen revolvers. So please dispense with the "concerns of a novice" nonsense. It's misplaced and might get your feelings hurt. If you want to spend your money on guns that are ugly, yet "functional", I won't argue but don't insult me because I don't roll that way.
First, my comments were not directed at you, but in general, calling a Korth unattractive, when it is intended be a technological and quality marvel is a little, um, pointless. Korth didn't say "our guns have the best lines" and quite frankly, I would have less respect for their products if they marketed them solely in that direction. Their guns are high quality, and looks are an opinion. When it comes to looks, who cares. Its not like the gun is ugly compared to revolvers, or one of a kind in the looks department, but rather, it is different with some similarities to other DA revolvers. Looking at a Korth, and over analyzing its looks, is a joke. I'm not saying that looks don't matter either, I'm saying that looks are not a reason to choose or not choose the Korth. If you think that way, stick to pedestrian revolvers, which are marketed to that type of "shooter."

Second, this is an internet message board. Before you brag to us (esp me) about the size of your collection, make sure its impressive, to everyone. I am not impressed by 48 revolvers, nor am I impressed by $60,000 worth of firearms. Ask yourself why might that be?

Quote:
Yes, looks are important and anyone who says different is lying. I'm not a teenager saying that I want an Glock because "it looks cool". I'm a 40yr old adult with refined taste saying that I'd rather have something that looks like the sixgun below than a Korth.
Quote:
So please, don't waste my time with this "looks don't matter" crap.
If you like the looks of a SA better, thats one thing. Keep in mind Korth, and really no other revolver manufacturers style their DA revolvers like a SA revolver, so the point is irrelevant. One notable exception is the High Standard Double 9.

In the Korth line, regarding the goal of their product, their company philosophy, etc, I would say looks are not a chief concern, nor should they be. I mean for one, it looks like a DA revolver, which some differences but none are as pronounced as a Chiappa Rhino. If they went over board on looks, and under valued performance, their revolvers would not sell for this money. Why? Because people want a performance difference when the MSRP is 5x what a S&W or Ruger retails for.

In closing, I don't think you understood my exact point. Perhaps now you don't either. IMO, your "experience" level should allow you to understand my point(s) regarding Korth.

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries