View Single Post
Old March 13, 2005, 02:11 PM   #11
Ozzieman

Thank God I have never had to pull the trigger with a gun pointed at some one, but

I have pulled a gun on some one. He had stolen my neighbors car that morning and that evening he was getting gas at a gas station less than 1/2 mile from our addition. This was a resedintal ariea and only gas station for 2 miles (which goes to show you the stupidest people in the world are crooks).
I pulled my gun out and waited for him to emerge from the store and as soon as I saw him throw somthing into the back seat and start to open the drivers door I grabed his arm and showed him the gun in the other hand, making sure he had no way to grab it.
I walked him to the door of the store and made him lie down and asked the owner to call the poliece.
The thing that I noticed was that as soon as he saw the gun he all but pooped his pants and gave up without a fight. You cant count on that if the other person has a gun, lets face it they are stupid and will do stupid things, it there criminals they already prooved there stupid.
I see it this way, If I have the cause, the reasion and the personal obligation to pull a gun on some one, be it to protect myself or a love one or an innocent bystander I MUST do it being ready to take another life. I hope that never happens but since one in 4 people are robbed in some way in this world the chances are good it will happen.
Was I ready to take another life that night, no I was not!
Would I had he threatend my life, I dont know.
Would I had he threatend another life, I hope to God I would.
But in this case having a gun ended the confrentation.
But if you are carring and you say that you cannot take a life if yours was in danger, then you better leave it at home, becouse some bad guy will take it from you and kill you with it. You would be safer without it than with it.
But to end this if your sure in your mind that you could take another life, and feel like a machoman walking around with a gun on your hip, then do us all a favor and leave the gun at home becouse the rest of us would be safer with out you on the street.

Page generated in 0.02518 seconds with 8 queries