View Single Post
Old June 13, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Kog73

Help With Pietta Remington 1858!!!

Hello, uk shooter here, who's just gotten into blackpowder shooting after having gotten his firearm certificate.

Anyway, I recently bought a Pietta 1858 long barrel (12") and was able to do some further browsing and got a second hand pistol stock for it (shown below, i've compared it with a standard replica of glock pistol of some sort, to getan idea of it's length)

But im getting a real issue with powder burns on my face from,what i imagine, is powder residue from the the cylinder blasting into my face. I'm wondering what the best way of solving this problem is? (other than growing a thick beard)

I've recently purchased a set of safety goggles, and im tempted to wear a thick balaclava whilst shooting as well (not sure if it'd catch on fire though, any thoughts on this!) but I would like to try to find a way of reducing the residue going on my face somehow, as it's hard to concentrate on shooting whilst bracing myself for the puff of powder in my face...

Thanks for any and all help,

Kog,

Liam

oh if it helps, im using a load of 13-13.5 grains of triple se7en, semolina as filler and remington percussion caps. I tend to wax the bullets as well before loading them in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 577716_373306369396595_1963282976_n.jpg (93.8 KB, 344 views)

Page generated in 0.03519 seconds with 9 queries