Thread: Bug-out bag gun
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2014, 06:25 AM   #26
simonrichter

First of all, thank you all for your contributions.

Generally, I need something that literally fits INSIDE my backpack. Openly carrying a rifle does not seem advisable in said situation, since it again adds to the weight and draws unwanted attention (Even more, I would have to reach my place in the mountains by foot).

As far as the purpose is concerned, it is surely not primarily for self defense, but more in the style of an "all-round, better-than-a-stick" option for the unlikely case that the situation shifts in whatever way that makes you want to have more than a knife among your assets.

----

Quote:
Just curious... what precisely is considered a "takedown"?
the Austrian law says: "every rifle or shotgun that can be quickly disassembled in a way that exceeds the means commonly used for sporting and hunting" This leaves the ministry of the interior a lot of room for interpretation. In any case, normal length hunting rifles that can be disassembled with a screw are OK, while the often mentioned AR-7 is definitely out.

----

Quote:
I used to carry a Beretta 21 in the aircraft for a light survival gun.
Quote:
I'd feel far from naked with any good 22
That helps me with my decision and I guess if .22 makes sense, I shall add a pistol to my BOB. I have a PT22 ply which is quite similar but even lighter (poly) than the Beretta. Even more, pistols of this design can also be comfortably used as single shots for using underpowered rounds or snakeshots which do not circle.

Last edited by simonrichter; April 20, 2014 at 06:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.02945 seconds with 8 queries