View Single Post
Old March 21, 2009, 09:38 PM   #23
44 AMP
Staff

Lots of possibilities

And remember that there are people who really aren't "anti" they just don't know any better, and come off sounding like they are. "Why are you carrying a gun?" isn't pure hate filled anti, on the surface of it. Unfortunately, lots of people have been brainwashed to be apprehensive about someone carrying a gun unless they are wearing a uniform and a badge.

Personally, I would be much more apprehensive about someone carrying "concealed" (and "printing"), because you have to judge from their appearance how likely it is that they are one of the "good guys", or not. And appearances can be extremely misleading. One thing for sure, "bad guys" very, very, very seldom strap a handgun on their hip in plain sight and walk around town. Seems like they all try to carry concealed (and illegally so).

Quote:
If the bad guy see's your gun he's just gonna come up behind you and put one in your head so you won't be trouble to him.
If this were the case, wouldn't we have a huge number of dead cops out there? To me, this kind of argument is on the same level as someone saying you shouldn't keep a handgun for self defense, because the bad guy will just take it away from you and use it on you. Or that you, or a family member, are 47 times more likely to be shot if you keep a gun in the house.

While I'm sure these kinds of things have happened some where, some time, the place they happen most is in Hollywood "dramas" and the closed minds of the anti gunners.

Page generated in 0.02982 seconds with 8 queries