View Single Post
Old December 12, 2006, 08:23 AM   #25
gary2905

OK, I am ready to be assaulted by the "blue army" but here goes anyway.
First, realize that there is a cost/benefit ratio to just about everything and it may not be practical for everyone to go "blue"
I analyzed the choices and went with Hornady L-N-L and have been extremely satisfied. seriously considered the Dillon but it was as much an economic choice as it was the ease of swapping out calibers.
I only load maybe 2000 pistol rounds yearly, so I wanted a press faster than my venerable RockChucker(which I still use for small batches and custom -read test loadings) so the mega production capacity of the Dillon was not really needed at the really high extra cost.
I can swap out from caliber to caliber in about 10 minutes-leisurely - and the only cost is a shell plate that I think is around 20 bucks at Midway and oftentimes the same shellplate is good for a couple of the calibers I reload.
The expander thru powder drop is great, saves an opening for a powder checker die.
All my dies, maily RCBS but a couple of Redding and Lee dies also work nicely, too.
I am absolutely sure the Dillon is a top dog in progressive set ups but for the money and what MY needs were, I am very happy with the Lock N load.

Page generated in 0.03328 seconds with 8 queries