View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 12:44 AM   #8
mmb713

The issue of magnum priming in 357 Magnum is confusing at best and recommendations change from source to source. Most of the bullet and powder companies default to magnum priming, although Speer recommends either the CCI500 or CCI550 depending on the powder. With all of your powders except for HS-6 they recommend standard priming. Every source I've ever read calls for magnum priming as critical with H110/296. Speer does NOT recommend magnum priming with 2400, even including a caveat against it with their latest data. But then they include the same caveat with N110 and Vihtavuori uses small rifle primers with their data in 357 Magnum with all of their powders. Alliant's Power Pro 300-MP is advertised as not needing magnum priming and none of Alliant's data use it. My best advice would be to use what you've got, start low and work up carefully. If you change anything start low again. Be glad you've got the primers you do. But I'm not loading H110/296 without magnum primers. I've read too much about that powder to stray from published data.

Page generated in 0.03125 seconds with 8 queries