View Single Post
Old September 13, 2005, 11:47 PM   #34
DAVID NANCARROW

This is such a funny thread-one guy goes out and spends a billion-zillion dollars on cameras, and now we have people sticking their noses in the air like they are Christ coming to cleanse the unwashed.

Take a break.

It's not your hunt and its not your money. NOBODY is telling you that you must hunt this way. I'm sure there is some do-gooder politician who will try to fix it for you. And about 10 more who want to fix you too!

I hunt out of a stand (oh NO!) in an area where you either stand hunt or you better be 10 feet tall to see over the scrub, cactus and mesquite. Feeder runs year around and has done so for decades. Never see the big ones coming to it in the daylight, but I once took "unfair advantage" and watched all night with infared to see what was coming around. Fun, even without a rifle.

My biggest deer have generally been taken in the opposite direction, but I hunt mostly doe. No need for horns, doe's are easier to dress out, and since most of the guys on the lease are horn hunters, I figure I balance it out by taking a couple of girls each year. But then, I am a meat hunter, and take shots according to the size of the animal.
Little ones don't interest me because there just isn't much there. My targets are the medium-large to large does and bucks. This is not a sport for me-I do not care for some of the steroids found in beef cattle, so its mainly what I graze on all year.

Page generated in 0.02118 seconds with 8 queries