View Single Post
Old September 16, 2008, 11:32 PM   #14
trooper3385

I would stick with the bow that you have for the mean time before forking out the money for a new one. You've already had that one for 20 yrs and haven't used it. If you start shooting on a regular basis and really like it and decide to stick with it, then go ahead and upgrade. Last thing you want to do is spend a $1,000 on a new set up and a month later put it in the closet for another 20 yrs.
I hadn't shot a bow in 15 yrs. When I was younger, I got real interested in it. My parents bought me a Browning Bow and all the set up. I shot it and hunted with it for a couple of years and never even got a shot at an animal. Anyway, I got burned out and put it away. This summer, I finally broke down and bought another. When I started looking around and shooting different bows, I was amazed how much better the bows, arrows, sights and everything else had became. Within a couple of days, I was already shooting better than I had ever shot back when I shot a bow everyday. I had the bow not even a month and I had already shot a 240 lbs hog at 26 yds. Hog did not even run 15 yds. So I guess I'm hooked again.
Back to your question, I'm 6-5 and have long arms as well. My draw length is also 31 in. I shot quite a few bows and settled on a Diamond Black Ice. It has adjustable cams that adjust out to 31 in. I had mine set at 30 in. The loop and release add about another 1/2 to 1 in length to it.

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 8 queries