View Single Post
Old November 14, 2004, 05:06 PM   #52
Popcorn Coolie

Yes I have fired a .44 Magnum Revolver several times. Cylinder loaded with .44 Magnums. Shooting a target all the way down range. I hit the throat and the head with no problem. It was easy. Easy to group in a rapid fire drill.

I hit with a .45 and group, but I'm always off a little low and to the left. Instead of hitting the throat I hit the chest or the shoulder. And that's not all the way down range. That's about at ten feet.

.44 Magnum may be a little lower in caliber than .45, but you forget it's Magnum. It's MAGNUM! Departments won't allow .44 or .357 Magnum, because they do too much damage and can easily over penetrate. They consider them overkill.

Shoot a Jello mold with a .44 Magnum and then one with a .45 Auto. Make sure your using .44 Magnum and not .44 Smith. You'll see the huge difference. I've never shot a person with a .44 Mag, but other officers and investigators have shown me pictures and shown me how much damage .44 Magnum will do.

People hunt with .44 Magnum revolvers. That's how powerful the weapon actually is. I've shot Milk jugs and jello molds with a .44 Magnum and have watched huge junks just get blown out of the human simulated target. I've watched the milk jugs explode. Then I shot the jello with a .45 Auto and seen big holes in the mold. But no airborne chunks. Big holes in the milk jug along with being tipped over, but they didn't explode.

A hot load .44 Magnum will completly shatter a bone upon impact, because it travels at a high velocity. Ripping a limb off is an exacheration, because the muscles will keep it attached.

I Vaguely know an officer that was hit point blank with a .44 Magnum, His second chance Level II vest saved him, but the hit broke all of his ribs on the right side of his chest and the ribs that didn't break were cracked. Don't remember his name or department, but he is on the second chance save roster and in one of their older demonstration videos. I've met him here and there. Never payed much attention to him, because he's just a shooting statistic. I remember him, because of the weapon he was shot with and he's on second chance's roster.

In my opinion 9mm is easy to shoot, but that's me. I know people that suck with any gun.

I know people are trained to just hit the target instead of hitting a target were they will be mortaly wounded.

.45 ACP is the best bullet for certain situations. Like policing. Since it's a low velocity bullet and it's large so it will do considerable of damage without over penetrating. The fact that it's slow moving an doesn't cut through the flesh like a 9mm would gives it a lot of takedown power.

.44 and .357 Mag hit so hard and fast that they cause and implosion. That's why the target area explodes.

The size of the bullet doesn't make it better. A bullet's potential damage all depends on the balance between how heavy it is and how fast it travels. Hollow point helps increase the damage.

Peronsaly I feel WC452 is a stupid choice for defense, because it's designed for indoor plinking. It has a full metal jacket or it's a ball type bullet of some sort. Can't exactly remember. Full metal jacket is for max penetration. Such as shooting through glass, plastic or metal. Jacket hollow point if for max damage. So you want a JHP. Unless you plan on shooting through your windows. I don't think a .45 FMJ is guaranteed to go through glass anys. It travels so slow.

Page generated in 0.03565 seconds with 8 queries