View Single Post
Old September 10, 2013, 07:50 AM   #20
Beretta686

Quote:
I don't know. Stick a laser or light on it and it wouldn't be a bad gun to have in the middle of the night when you hear a window pane break. I wouldn't want a hailstorm of 5.7s coming down on me.
Though I wouldn't want to get shot with a 5.7x28mm (or any other caliber for that matter), you can do the same thing with a Glock for 1/2 the price of the gun and the ammo and have more stopping power.*

*- Yes, I know about Nadal Hasan killing the 13 people with a Five-Seven, but it doesn't mean the Five-Seven is a practical gun or is better than other cartridges.

Quote:
Isn't the secret service using them? Of course they might want the kevlar penetration capability to defend the commander in chief.
I'm sure it's probably in their inventory, but I believe they're primarily all about the P90 SMG for defeating body armor over the Five-Seven. I've shot the P90 on full-auto and it's one of the most controllable full-auto's I've ever shot and every easy to keep on target.

Getting hit by 10 5.7x28mm rounds is going to do some serious damage, but getting shot by single 5.7x28mm rounds isn't quite the same.

From what I can see the cartridge is best employed from the SMG for putting multiple holes into someone quickly through body armor, and the Five-Seven is more there for commonality of ammo (and to sell to people like the OP and I).

This doesn't mean the Five-Seven isn't cool or anything, but it's a niche gun. Unless you have a need to defeat body armor and can get the AP rounds, you're not getting much bang-for-you buck that you can't get much cheaper with other cartridges and guns.

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts on it. I also feel that way about 1911's in this day and age. Love them for the range, that's just as far as they go with me.
lol, every time I say something to that effect about my 1911 or Hi-Power at the range, people seem to act like I just said I applied to join Al Qaeda. They're awesome guns which I love to shoot that were state-of-the-art when they were made, but so was the Single Action Army; that doesn't mean they're still the best. They're just not going to compare to more modern weapons.

*entering fall-out shelter to avoid incoming rounds*

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.02559 seconds with 8 queries