View Single Post
Old November 29, 2009, 08:35 AM   #35
threegun

I have carried a concealed CCP badge for almost 18 years now. I'm not a wannabe cop in fact I have never intervened in a crime since getting my permit. I have no intentions of acting as law enforcement with or without a badge. So right off the top the two biggest arguments against carrying a badge are off the table.

Now the one and only reason that I carry a badge is to allow responding officers to identify me as the good guy. You naysayers can do as you see fit however everyone knows that off duty/plain clothes law enforcement use a badge as ID. Combined with non threatening gun handling it will almost always cause pause from responding LE. According to LE that I have asked, if they see a badge they don't shoot (unless you point at them).

So for me if I ever have had to use my weapon and/or for whatever reason have to keep it out possibly pointed at the bad guy while officers pull up to the scene my badge will help them identify me as the good guy.

As for the OP's original question....I am willing to help but only in a situation that my help will help. In the swiss cheese shootout mentioned above I'm helping my family look for cover till it stops. If I happened to have my AR and officers are pinned down or out gunned perhaps a 55 grain ballistic tip or two may be helpful. Just have to be very careful and use your head because the dangers mentioned by others above are real. I don't think anyone here on TFL could just watch a LEO be murdered while we did nothing and could have. Kinda tough to live with that.

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries