View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 11:33 AM   #8
MrBorland

Quote:
wow, i'm definitely not holding it that high. It appears he's actually above the rubber grip. is that what you meant by this?
Yep - the higher, the better. At some point, the cocked hammer will establish the upper limit. If you're able to see grip above your hand when viewed from the side, though, you're too low.

Quote:
I was also cocking with my strong hand. Big mistake i take it.
I rarely shoot in SA, so I'm not an expert here. I'm betting bullseye shooters who shoot SA cock with their strong hand because they have to shoot 1-handed anyway. If you're shooting 2-handed, I think it's better to cock with your weak thumb, since you won't have to alter your strong hand grip.

Quote:
Any advice for shooting the 500 SW accurately? i'm assuming most of teh same advice applies, but i did see a Jerry Miculek video one time where he said "the more the recoil, the lower you want to grip".
I've never shot a 500, but JM's advice is likely sound. A high grip helps control muzzle flip, but the recoil is more directed backward into the shooter's hand. Überfast follow-up shots with a 500 isn't so much an issue as is the recoil, so it makes sense to go lower rather than damage your hand.

Page generated in 0.02807 seconds with 8 queries