View Single Post
Old February 2, 2011, 10:41 PM   #3
FoxtrotRomeo

Yup. I have a Glock 27 generation 4. The support looks pretty decent in comparison to my XD-40 which has full support and tighter chamber measurements. There is some slop in the Glock 27 chamber as you can wiggle the round around in there but this aids in the feeding an extraction process. This is the same reasoning behind looser tollerances in an AK rifle, reliability. So when they tell you the Glock is designed to be a combat/service/self defense pistol first and foremost, they're not lying. However, it will put the lead on the target and if it's not pin point, it's close.

Just don't load the Glock with reloaded ammo. If you do (and some still do) inspect the geometry of the casing. If it looks questionable, you're better off not shooting that round in a Glock. I've seen some reloaded rounds and looked them over and though I trust the reloader, I do not trust the casing it's self so I will save that round for my XD which can handle that. The casing wall on the outside was not straight it had a slight curve to it and I do not need to know what will happen when that casing expands in the looser chamber of my Glock so that one is XD only.

Just be careful what you shoot in your Glock and you should be ok. As to Buff Bore? Maybe one of the other Glock owners here can help.
"The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein]

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries