View Single Post
Old September 21, 2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Nightwind15

Gun Safes and my purchase

This is my first post here and I hope this is the proper place to discuss this topic.

I spend the better part of two weeks looking at reading about and talking to others about a gun safe. Buying a gun safe is much like buying a mattress as it is not very subjective. There are so many brands and so many factors in the building of them I was for a time overwhelmed. My budget to buy one was 2500.00. My collection consists of both collectable and long guns I used each hunting season that mean little except to me after 55 years of hunting. They number 18 in all. I also have 9 handguns that go back to my competitive shooting days and presently to my concealed carry Combat Commander.

I ran the full gambit of the internet available safes and then on to the more expensive store brands. I found some companies not very helpful in making a selection and others very helpful and knowledgeable. I actually revisited several manufacturers until I came back to Steelwater gun safes. The sales people there not only knew every aspect of their safes but knew the competition inside and out literally. Each time I brought up a brand they went to the computer with me and compared them line for line. Each time Steelwater was equal to or better than the competition in the price range. My safe being delivered (included in the price) will be placed where I want it when it arrives.

In sales there is an old adage of giving the buyer that "warm fuzzy feeling and Steelwater safes have given it to me. I will post again when I receive the safe and let everyone know if it lives up to expectations. Buying a gun safe is not easy and considering there are no real regulations on them the process is even harder. You would think in our country with so many controls on so many things there would be standards....another

Page generated in 0.04052 seconds with 8 queries