Thread: Stoeger SXS
View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 08:24 PM   #5
redlevel42

I don't think this is a reset built into the gun. I believe it is a malfunction. The safety does reset when the gun is broken open, and I really don't mind that. I have hunted with sxs shotguns for 55 years, and a good bird hunter naturally slides the safety off as he brings the gun to shoulder after reloading. What is happening here is that the safety is resetting between firing the right barrel and the left barrel with the reduced power loads. Also, full power loads are not an option.

The safety doesn't have the positive "snick" when sliding on and off like my Parkers and Browning. Not even like my Stevens 311. I believe a good gunsmith could remedy this problem. I don't have the tools nor the skills to do this.

Shotgun693, I would box the gun up and send it tomorrow for a $100-$200 cowboy tune, with an emphasis on reliability. I'm really afraid the rest of the gun would wear out before that thumb piece spring weakens. I believe it is an extreme case of over engineering. Do you have any ideas about where to send it for such a tune?

Page generated in 0.03279 seconds with 8 queries