View Single Post
Old February 7, 2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Musketeer

Quote:
I'd much take a good impact weapon over spray for less than deadly force.
Perhaps it won't be seen as such in court in your country but in the USA a "good impact weapon" will be seen as deadly force unless used by someone, like a police officer, who has recieved specific and documented instruction in how to use that stick, club, baton, ASP, etc. in a less-lethal / incapacitating manner.

I have asthma and have had an indirect experience with OC. My buddy had bought some for his wife and sister. I had advised them to go outside their house, spray it to gage the spread and range, and to come immediately back in. They sprayed and then... stood there just outside the open door commenting on it. I saw the next thing comming a mile away. I told them to come inside and shut the door quick but they were too busy chatting so I immediately went to the opposite side of the room from the open door and openned the patio doors to air out the house. By then I heard the coughing coming from the women and my buddy. The spray had dispersed and made its way back over them and into the house. They came in and shut the door (closing the barn door after the horse had run off...) and I brought wet towells around for them and myself. I didn't get the shot they had but enough came in to bother me.

When a civilian uses OC it is not to aprehend or wrestle with the BG. It is to GET AWAY. If the BG is blind and not touching me he is not going to stop me. That is all I care about.

If you can't put it on your belt or in your pants drop it into your coat pocket.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

Page generated in 0.03042 seconds with 8 queries