View Single Post
Old October 29, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Theohazard

I don't have any personal experience with the Mystic, but I've heard really good things about it. Here's my take on it from what I do know (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong): It seems like a jack-of-all trades and a master of none.

It works on 5.56 and 7.62x39, but you have to maintain a very low rate of fire so you don't destroy it. And even then I'd worry about its longevity with rifle rounds; even with an all-inconel full-auto-rated rifle can you'll still wear it out eventually. With a 9mm can like the Mystic I would really worry about wear if I shot it too much or too fast with rifle rounds.

And the Mystic is noticeably longer and heavier than the Octane, which makes a big difference to me. It also is a monocore design so I would worry about getting more first round pop. And the monocore design is probably a pain to disassemble if you shoot .22 or lead through it; it looks like it comes apart like the AAC prodigy .22 suppressor, and that one is a pain to get apart when it's dirty.

So it seems to me that if you want one can to do it all, the Mystic is the way to go. But if you want a dedicated pistol can there are better options, and if you want a rifle can there are much better options. Am I pretty much on the right track here?

Page generated in 0.02205 seconds with 8 queries