View Single Post
Old April 20, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1
sluser

rape/mental heath/gun control?

4 years ago my sister was a victim of a brutal rape. she had a very hard time dealing with the shame and pain of it and took a attempt on her life. when she was taken to the hosiptol she refused treatment and she was orderd confinded into a mental facilty by the court(which was needed). now four years later she is moving on with her life and seams to have recoverd as much as anyone could expect. she told me she wanted to buy a firearm and i took her down to apply for a concled weapons permit and it was denied because of her commitment.
we have had her states rights to own a firearm restored but are told there is no way possible at this point to have her rights restored at a FEDREAL LEVEL.
so even though the state has restored her rights she is being advised by her lawyer that she will still be commiting a felony if she ever has a weapon on her possesion on the federal level.
is her lawyer missing something or is this truley a lifetime ban on firearms for her? any advice will be followed up on. thank you very much

Page generated in 0.03702 seconds with 8 queries