View Single Post
Old September 16, 2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Archer 9505

Barrier Busters for civillian CC?

The introduction of Hornady's dual product line of Critical Defense (Designed to have moderate recoil, low flash, good penetration and expansion but not designed to defeat barriers) and Critical Duty (designed to meet the full FBI protocol including barriers) has got me to thinking. Occasionally I read a poster's remarks that says something to the effect of "I don't care about barrier penetration, thats for the cops not me". Not that I agree or disagree with that point of view.

My question: Is there a need or benefit in the civilian PD world for ammunition that can defeat barriers?

One example that comes to mind is a car jacking that becomes a close range gunfight. You can't retreat; your in the car. The attacker is using your own vehicle as cover as you fight for your life at point blank range.

What do you believe, is there a need for Barrier Busters for CCW or not, and whats your logic behind your choice?

Last edited by Archer 9505; September 16, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.02637 seconds with 8 queries