View Single Post
Old July 11, 2005, 08:36 PM   #5
flashhole

For my 300 Win Mag I like Retubmo powder and Speer 200 grain spitzers, Nosler 220 grain semi-spitzers (a truly remarkable bullet design), and Sierra 220 grain round nose. The round nose bullets are surprizingly accurate. Not too impressive on the ballistic chart but very accurate. I've also have good luck with Nosler 180 grain solid base boat tail bullets (I buy them whenever I find them). Hornady bullets didn't do it for me with the 300. Accuracy just wasn't there.

Other powders I tried (including H-1000) were'nt as good as Retumbo in the accuracy department and I have gone with Retumbo exclusively for both my 300 WM and my 7mm RM.

I have a Sauer 202 and interchange barrels between 300 win mag and 7mm rem mag. The gun is wonderfully accurate for a light weight sporter. I shoot bottle caps at 200 yards and hit them on a very consistent basis. The ones with clean holes (metal all around the bullet hole) make super conversation pieces. Lots of people I know put them on their key rings.

Are you ready for civil war?

Page generated in 0.03911 seconds with 8 queries