View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013, 07:20 PM   #56
spanishjames

Quote:
Are you guys fans of SB 2193?

I know its shall issue, which is a huge leap forward, but are there any provisions that make it bad?
It isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing. The best part is it's shall issue, and not may-issue. If it had been may-issue, I'd consider it no-issue unless you're "connected". As for the $150.00 cost, that's for five years which breaks down to $30.00 a year, not horrible. Just being able to carry in your car, and not have to worry about being pulled over and becoming a felon is GREAT news!

The 16 hour training requirement may be the tough part. No one knows what it'll cost, and where you can get the training yet. I put my name on a CCW Class waiting list a few weeks ago, and the shop was already up to at least 600 people signed up. If and when this law goes into effect, there'll be thousands lining up. It could take a year or two to actually be licensed for all I know. Overall I'm glad it's finally here, that it's shall issue, and that I may be around long enough to see it.

I have to admit I smiled when I heard the House passed the bill today.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries