View Single Post
Old April 16, 2007, 04:43 PM   #4
sneaky pete

What works for me W/my 6.5Sweds

My 2 mil-surps ,an m-96/38, and a gevar m-41/B Sniper like VihtaVouri N-560(dual-based powder) and Lapua 108gr,123gr, and 139gr Scenar Silver(Moly) and yesI do use the Target bullets for Killing Paper and occasionally animals. I do load rather HOT and I recognise that PEOPLE have said that you have to be careful because they are OLD rifles and can't take the preasure. BUT, I have talked to other people that don't agree for reasons given . I guess you have to find out about that for yourself. The main reason I like shooting Moly with the Vihta N560 powder is that the combination is easy on the bore and preasure. Works for me. P.S. Get a "Reloading Guide for Centerfire Cartridges"From VihtaVouri, It' Free and you can get it on their website-WWW.vihtavouri.fi. Those people are very cooperative and will answer your questions via "E"-mail . I think that you can also get a copy for free from the importer--Kaltron-Pettibone in Bensenville Ill if you want their # send me an "E"mail and I'll return it to you. Also Vihtavouri's reloading Manual is very good --for purchse.. The reason I'm partial to VihtaVouri/Lapua The 6.5x55Swed is from Scandanavia and those people have been dealing with with then for over 100years. Before 1996 when the Sweds opened the door for export big-time to the US they wern' very popular. THANX--SNEAKY

Last edited by sneaky pete; April 16, 2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: thought of more information

Page generated in 0.05261 seconds with 8 queries