View Single Post
Old July 11, 2001, 11:21 AM   #15
Steve Smith

LIProgun, What I'm saying is, there is a difference between a FL die and a SB die. I'm also saying that most AR shooters are using FL dies, unless they ran into a problem with a very tight chamber and HAD to go to the SB die. To go with a SB die right off the bat, skipping the FL die is jumping the gun, because the SB die works the brass more. Most folks with properly adjusted FL dies can get 10-12 reloads...I think that brass being sized in a SB die will give out much earlier than that.

If you're wondering whether I meant that a SB wasn't a FL, no. A SB die is a type of FL die, but not the only type. You can buy both regular FL dies and SB type FL dies.

I'm just trying to say that SB dies are rarely necessary. When I said, "I'll bet we're all using full length size dies ... but only one guy, John Marshall, is using a small base." Obviously, you do to.

What I meant was, myself, dick w. holliday, Good Guy, and Poodleshooter are probably all using FL dies, but not SB dies. Now, they'll probably all hang me because I'm putting words in their mouth, but I'll say it again...most AR-15 shooters use a regular FL die, not SB dies. Some use neck dies.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02394 seconds with 8 queries