View Single Post
Old July 2, 2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Dr. Strangelove

Steel targets and ricochets

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who shoots steel out there to always wear proper eye protection.

I caught a jacket or bullet fragment in the neck this pm, looked horrible but was merely a flesh wound, my shirt was all soaked in blood. It did get me thinking, I was wearing regular prescription glasses, had that fragment been higher, it could have come in behind the lens and hit me in the eye, from the angle it hit me.

Two things I learned - wear full wrap around safety glasses when shooting steel, and don't stand beside someone shooting steel. I was off to the side about twenty feet, even with the shooter and not even shooting when I got hit. We were 11 yards from the targets, our clubs minumum distance.

Everyone was doing everything right, the targets in in great condition and well designed, things just happen sometimes. Moral of the story: Wear proper full safety glasses when shooting steel!

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 3, 2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: edited for correct range

Page generated in 0.03519 seconds with 8 queries