View Single Post
Old August 1, 2001, 10:23 PM   #43
rock_jock

Rich,

I did subscribe several days ago by snail mail since the secure order form was not yet in place. Part of the reason I did subscribe is that I am letting my other gun rag subscriptions lapse and the other, more important reason, is that I am happy to support the endevour of someone who has had the nerve and dedication to bring us TFL.

That said, if I were not a member of TFL and saw SWAT on a newstand, I probably would not buy it. Don't get me wrong - after picking up a copy at the grocery store, I thought the magazine is very well made, very professionally written, very nicely illustrated. BUT, it still seems to be a periodical for the LEO, of which I am not one. Plus, the title does bother me a little. I felt very comfortable leaving my gun rags around the house because I don't care if visitors think I am a gun nut. BUT SWAT in BIG letters seems to say, "hey, look at me, I'm a cop-wannabe." Not comfortable with that. Also, the articles are very heavy on tactics (yes, I know that is the magazine's title). I know little about, and care even less, about LE tactics. I guess from a curiosity standpoint they have some value for me, but I try to limit my time to things that pique my interest. Second amendment issues are not given much play, probably because that is not too much of a concern for LEOs since they get to carry and keep guns galore (I, on the other hand, find my RKBA a daily fight, but that's another story). Finally, I would like to see more emphasis on the weapons part of the magazine. I enjoy firearms, and they are the reason I spend so much time at TFL.

In closing, I hope you are not offended by my comments. Again, I have subscribed and look forward to receiving my first issue, and who knows, maybe I will learn to enjoy the magazine as much as I do whiling away the hours here.

rock
rock_jock is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02214 seconds with 8 queries