View Single Post
Old August 1, 2001, 10:51 AM   #29
Mark Jones

Quote:
To those complaining about magazines publishing stories about guns you'll never be able to own: so, it's the fault of the magazine, the editors, the authors, that YOU can't legally own a particular type of gun? "Those cretins in Washington/the state capital outlawed something else, so I think I'll cancel my subscription to [insert name of gunzine here] to show my displeasure."
No, it's not the fault of the magazine, editors or writers that I'm not allowed to own various types of weapons or equipment.

But guess what--it's not _my_ fault, either. I'm one voice in a hundred million.

Nor is it a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face (or shooting myself in the foot). I've _never_ subscribed to a gun magazine, though I've bought quite a few at news stands. Why _should_ I read (or subscribe to) a magazine devoted to glorifying the weapons I'm not allowed to own, and the people who can? [SWAT isn't that magazine; Guns & Tools For Law Enforcement or whatever it's called, very explicitly IS that magazine, and it offends me. A magazine which certainly _sounds_ like its aimed at LEOs--and the mask-wearing, door-kicking, SMG-totin' JBT crowd in particular--isn't going to win any awards from me either.]

Sorry if it bothers you, but Rich asked why people weren't subscribing--and I told him.

Page generated in 0.03096 seconds with 8 queries